J. James Wolfe Agency, Inc.
Canandaigua (585) 394-2790
Brighton (585) 235-4910
The J. James Wolfe Agency is your HOMETOWN agency. Our staff is ready to assist you with your Business Insurance needs. We understand that owning and operating a business is difficult. We understand this and would like the opportunity to help.
For the Independent Business Person, we have a dedicated staff that specializes in tailoring the proper coverage you need. You can rely on us as the area's Business Insurance experts. After all, we live here and have enjoyed insuring our client's Businesses since 1974!
Being an Independent Insurance Agency, we have the unique ability to provide you with the optimal insurance coverage at a price you can afford. If you prefer the personalized one-on-one service, call us today in our Canandaigua office at (585) 394-2790 or in our Brighton office at (585) 235-4910. We look forward to meeting you.
Let’s Talk About Your Business Risks
Virtually every business depends on equipment to keep its operations going and income flowing. What if ...
• The power went out at your business. How much income would you lose?
• Your phones or computers were damaged by a power surge. Would you be able to serve your customers?
• Your refrigeration or freezer equipment breaks down. How will you recover the value of your spoiled products?
Mechanical and equipment breakdown insurance will cover the costly physical and financial damage that can result from a breakdown. It can pay for:
• The cost to repair or replace business equipment, machinery or technology that breaks down due to causes such as power surges, short circuits and mechanical failure.
• Business income losses, recovery expenses and the value of spoiled products or materials that occur when a covered breakdown interrupts your business operations.
Different kinds of equipment are covered, such as:
• Boilers, pressure vessels and water heaters
• Cash registers and inventory control systems
• Computer technology
• Computer-controlled machines, such as CNC machines and robotics
• Communications systems, including phone and voicemail systems
• Diagnostic equipment
• Electrical distribution systems
• Elevators, escalators, cranes, hoists and lifts
• Heating and cooling systems
• Office equipment
• Ovens, stoves and furnaces
• Production equipment
• Refrigeration (including lost refrigerant)
• Security and fire detection systems
Contact our agency today to learn more about this important business coverage.
Your Local Business Insurance Provider
What Kind of Insurance Fits Your Business?
Businesses come in all shapes and sizes. We can help design the coverage that’s right for you, tailored to your needs.
Generally, most businesses need a combination of:
• Property insurance for the building, structure and other property you use to do business.
• Liability insurance in case someone claims that your business caused him or her harm. Your liability insurance pays damages to third parties resulting from bodily injury or property damage for which your business is legally liable, up to the policy limits, as well as legal fees. It may also cover the medical bills of people injured by your business.
• Commercial auto insurance for vehicles owned by your business. The insurance pays any costs to third parties resulting from bodily injury or property damage for which your business is legally liable, up to the policy limits. Depending on what kind of coverage you buy, the insurance may pay to repair or replace your vehicle because of damage resulting from accidents, theft, flooding and other events.
• Workers’ compensation insurance for medical care and a portion of lost wages for an employee who is injured in the course of employment, regardless of who was at fault for the injury. (Not available in Ohio.)
• Terrorism insurance, which is offered to owners of commercial property as mandated by the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act, enacted by Congress in 2002. Insurance losses attributed to terrorist acts under these commercial policies are insured by private insurers and reinsured by the federal government.
In addition to these basic coverages, we can help you select from optional coverages available from Erie Insurance, like:
• A business catastrophe liability or umbrella policy that is designed to protect against catastrophic losses. For the typical business, the umbrella policy would provide protection over and above general liability and auto liability policies.
• Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) that provides protection against claims brought by employees alleging discrimination, wrongful termination or harassment, including sexual harassment.
• Other specialized liability insurance policies that are designed to meet specific needs of individual businesses. They include:
o Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O)/Professional Liability Insurance
o Directors and Officers Liability Insurance (D&O)
And, as a business owner, you may want to offer group life insurance* as part of your employee benefit package. We can help with that, too.
To learn more, give us a call in our Canandaigua office at 585-394-2790 or in our Brighton office at 585-235-4910.
Let our experienced staff provide you with HOMETOWN service. Local and professional, Wolfe Insurance is committed to